Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baking in the snow

apple muffins

I made these yummy apple muffins this morning. We are all snowed in. As much as I hate to admit it, it is pretty outside. But, I'm sick of winter. I'm feeling a bit antsy and so I decided to bake and take picture of my baking.

Here is the recipe. These are my mom's recipe, passed along to me. Enjoy!

1/4 C butter
3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 C chopped apple
1 Tbsp cream

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and egg (slightly beaten). Mix the dry ingredients together and add to butter/sugar mixture. Stir till moistened. Add apple and cream, mix with spoon just till apples are mixed in.
Cook at 350 for 20-25 min.

I think the trick with these is not to over mix them.

Thanks mom for the yummy recipe.
xo


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for some home baked muffins when you come home at Easter, ha ha! Home baked muffins are the best. My personal fav are banana chocolate chip, mmmm!
    Does Liam enjoy baking with you?
    xox Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam enjoy's eating the batter :) He takes after his mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...