Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Real Life Mondays

Maybe I should I should start a theme? Monday just seems to hit me and I realize I took the weekend for granted.

This Monday started very cold with a dead car battery and both kids buckled in to the seats ready for school. Later in the day, Isla had a very short nap and Liam played far too much Wii. Dinner was an appetizing uncooked rice (because my stove likes to turn off secretly while on low. So while I'm chopping broccoli and  thinking my rice will finally be "just perfect", but the stove is not even on - I have issues with rice, despite it being quite an easy thing to cook).  And as the kids were refusing the rice I was attempting to make them eggs and dropped one on the floor which cracked and raw egg began dripping under my refrigerator. Sigh. Bedtime has arrived and I'd love to decorate the house up and be all festive for Valentines like this sweet gal, but it's not happening. I wish I was more creative, but lately the creativity has been lacking. More on this later.....

I've been thinking a lot about realness and being authentic. I love it when I see it in people, but wonder if I'm an authentic person. Is how I talk, live, parent and even blog real? It's so easy to make your life look perfect and sparkly through the lens of a blog (cake pops in any post help too :)), but is it anywhere near true to my life? Is my blogging helpful to anyone? Don't get me wrong I love dreamy, perfect pictures with happy smiling children and glowing light in the background, but I don't want you to think that is what my days look like. I have many days where I feel like I'm drowning in whining, dust, being angry instead of loving, piles of laundry, unfinished just about anything. I'm constantly tidying in my very tiny house, that is seemingly always messy. Seriously, I am often telling B I just tidied this, really I did...although it looks like a bomb hit when he gets home.

Well, I want to be open. I want you to know me. I want you to know that I struggle, I get grumpy, I get angry instead of loving my kids and being a stay at home for me is hard. I'm not a homebody. My car is often a mess. I forget to move the laundry to the dryer and it smells like mold. I hate cleaning the tub and ironing.
But,  I love my kids. I love them like crazy. More than I could have ever imagined.
I adore my little family. I would never have my life any other way. They are what I breathe. They're worth it.

So, starting today. I'm going to post a "real" photo a day. My title of this little project is going be "The Little While's", inspired by the lovely Sheye for a project she did. My plan is to do this till the end of March. I'm in a bit of a photo rut and this is my idea to get thinking a bit more creatively and hopefully inspire you and myself too.



"The Little While's - Day 1"

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Dana. These days of mountains of laundry and dust bunnies under the bed and toys scattered over every single square inch of floor space will soon be over. And your lovely children will be grown and gone - off making lives and living adventures of their own. And you will remember - probably somewhat wistfully - the busyness and the exhaustion and the hugs and tears and baby smells and finger prints on the walls that together composed your days when they were oh so small. I think you will give thanks for every single moment and every single memory - even the hard ones. For you will realize that it was it in and through the choices you made in thousands of such good and challenging moments that they grew to become the people they were meant to be. And you will feel so very, very privileged to have been there to witness it all. I love your authenticity and your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...