Sunday, May 22, 2011

A long week

Broken sleep. Teething. Cleaning. Grilled cheese. Vaccines. Fever. Tantrums. Street hockey. Fighting. Cooking dinner. Missing family. Pray. Last exams. Whining. Visitors. Neighbors. Dress shopping. Rain, and lots of it. Tears. Laundry. Diaper explosions. Kissing sweet baby lips. Late nights. Picture drawing. 

And to top it all off, a trip down to the Children's Hospital for our sweet baby. The doctor noticed a click in her hip this week at her 6 month appointment (I know she's 6 months already?!) and had her get an xray. The xray showed a minor condition called hip dysplasia.  We will meet with the orthopedic surgeon this week and she will most likely have to wear a harness to correct the problem. I really don't know much about it and I have about a billion questions to ask, but right now I'm just trusting and loving my baby.  She's such a delightful baby that I think she will adjust quickly and continue to be her sweet self. I will let you all know how she is doing. For now, enjoy her sweet face. 




3 comments:

  1. How beautiful your words are oh precious and beautiful daughter of mine! We are praying for you and are looking forward to being with you very soon! Only three sleeps!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful poet, Dana. That's how your writing feels to me. I'm so sorry that you are having a worry with darling Isla, but I know she'll come through with flying colours. She's just so perfectly perfect. - Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you wrote lots in this post, but I couldn't overlook the fact that your little lady is wearing leg warmers! Awesome, totally brings me back to the figure skating days, ha ha.

    Trips to the hospital with little people are terrifying, but I am so glad that you're getting excellent care and that this is a treatable issue. I know you'll be on pins and needles till she gets the green light and we will be praying for a sense of calm and reassurance till then.

    Love you four and happy graduation to B! Nice to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

    Love Ally xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...