Monday, November 10, 2008

Relentless

Some days feel like they may never end. Whining, crying, falling down and just being 2 is sometimes enough to make this mama want to run and hide. I know I am not alone in this (at least I hope).  Days can be long and very lonely as a mom. Previous to being a mom, I never really realized how challenging and never ending this task of a mother is (and I only have one). I doubt it ever ends because once they lay that baby on your chest, your heart will never be the same again - there is always another person entwined.  Today was one of those days when I just longed to be alone, to read, think, pray, or read more about photography - just about anything alone would have been a luxury. I'm glad bedtime has come and the house is quiet. Tomorrow is a new day.

"Joy filled Sun flare" for my photography course:






"Can a woman forget her nursing child that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands; your walls are continually before me." 
Isaiah 49: 15, 16

7 comments:

  1. I hear you about those days. I always find that it gets better when the babies go to sleep and I look in on them. They look so precious and angelic. The frustrations of the day just melt away when I see those little lips and rosy little cheeks on the pillow. I'm missing you at WBS this year! I hope you are finding a good fit where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend your wish can come true. Take some time just for a solo walk. We'll all make it happen.
    Loved your verse though - it's so true for little and big kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana you have a warm and sensitive heart and spirit, I love the way you express your heart so openly and with such feeling.
    I will take Liam for you this weekend and you can go for a walk, have a shower, read your photo books, do your nails, pretend you are alone and just get a bit of a break!!
    Can't wait to be with you, b, and LIAM!!
    We will do stickers all day long, read books, do puzzles, run down the street, go get ice cream, hug, play cars, draw persons, and sing....and maybe watch the potty movie!
    see you tomorrow my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danes, cool photos, very artistic. I am loving Liam's shaggy hair, makes him look like a little surfer dude.
    Hope your family filled weekend is awesome, hope the fall weather stays nice so you can go on walking adventures!
    xox Aunty Ally (I love that Liam can say my name now and that I am not the same as an "owie" on his knee!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful day! I love the light! You should put some of your work on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww :)
    Thanks Becs
    Maybe I will. I hate uploading to too many sites though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...